We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the primary healthcare team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and cooperation between us.
Our responsibility to you
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be seen by your own doctor whenever possible.
- You will be informed if there will be a significant delay for your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation through an online Test Results Request or at your next appointment.
- Your repeat prescription request will be ready for collection within 48 working hours of your request.
- Your suggestions, comments and complaints about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
Your responsibility to us
- Please treat all surgery staff with respect.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Please tell us of any change of personal details, so that our records are accurate.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Please be punctual, but please be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency or a patient requiring a more complex consultation than expected.
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant’s letter or the results of any tests to reach us.
- You will be advised of the usual length of time to wait.
- Use the tear off slip to request your repeat prescription whenever possible.
- Please attend for review, when asked, before your next prescription is due.
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you. We would, of course, be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due as well. Patients can provide this using our Feedback triage.